Wednesday 1 April 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1908 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Abraham Maslow: American psychologist and academic (d. 1970).
- Harlow Rothert: American shot putter lawyer and academic (d. 1997).
- Abraham H: Maslow US psychologist (humanistic psychology).
- The Territorial Force (renamed Territorial Army in 1920) is formed as a volunteer reserve component of the British Army.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Some Day You'll Come Back to Me - Harry Macdonough & Frank Stanley
- Come on and Kiss Yo' Baby - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Merry Widow Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Peerless Quartet
- I'm Happy When the Band Plays Dixie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- King of Rags - Arthur Pryor's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?