Friday 1 April 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Isshin tasuke, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1910 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Harry Carney: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 1974).
- Bob Van Osdel: American high jumper and soldier (d. 1987).
- Jean Darcante: French actor and a theatre director.
- Heidi Kuhlmann: Germany Actor.
- Andreas Aschenbach German painter/engraver: dies at age 94.
- Dumitru Dan (Romania) completed a 62,137 mile (100,000 m) walk.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Down in Sunshine Alley - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- That Would be Lovely - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
- Down Where the Big Bananas Grow - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?