Friday 1 April 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Holtzmann and Jacques Mayol.
Mr. Wu, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1927!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1927 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Thomas Holtzmann: German stage/film actor.
- Jacques Mayol: French diver, a world-famous pioneer in the free dive, holder of a dozen world-breaking records.
- Amos Milburn: American R&B boogie-woogie singer and pianist, popular during the 1940s and 1950s.
- Jacques Vandier: French economist, dubbed the 'Pope of mutualism' (also known as the mutualist movement or movement of mutuals), a social movement that aims at creating and promoting mutual organizations, mutual insurances, and mutual funds.
- Walter Bahr: American soccer player coach and manager.
- Peter Cundall: English-Australian soldier horticulturist and author
- Ferenc Puskás: Hungarian footballer and manager (d. 2006)
- U.S. Bureau of Prohibition founded (under Department of the Treasury).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?