Sunday 1 April 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Speedy, directed by Ted Wilde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1928 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Dimitri Frenkel Frank: Dutch writer / director (Hadimassa).
- George Grizzard in Roanoke Rapids: North Carolina, USA; actor (Wrong is Right, Bachelor Party, Attica).
- Herbert Klein: Newscaster / Press Secretary.
- Jane Powell in Portland: Oregon, USA; singer/actress (7 Brides for 7 Brothers).
- George Grizzard: American actor who began his career on stage in 1945, made his Broadway debut in 1955 and his film debut in 1960.
- Tony Hall: British impresario, promoter and record producer.
- William McCord: American mechanical engineer and CEO of Enserch, a diversified company in engineering, construction and energy development. With a BS college degree in Mechanical Engineering, McCord uses his leisure time to stay active in his church and the National Boy Scouts.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?