Saturday 1 April 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed[uardus] HTM Nijpels and Leonard van Spirit.
Titanic, directed by Herbert Selpin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1950 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Ed[uardus] HTM Nijpels: Dutch Minister of Environment (VVD).
- Leonard van Spirit: Dutch / British fruit / food magnate.
- Samuel Alito: American lawyer and jurist whose nomination to the Supreme Court by President George W. Bush was confirmed on January 31, 2006.
- Dave Sanders: American TV sportscaster, 1st child.
- Loris Kessel: Swiss race car driver (d. 2010).
- Daniel Paillé: Canadian academic and politician
- Charles R Drew: American physician (Born 1904).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?