Tuesday 1 April 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1952 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Annette O'Toole: American actress singer and dancer.
- Rey Robinson: United States -- 100m sprinter (1972 Olympics).
- Vincent Bolloré: French industrialist, corporate raider and businessman.
- Annette O'Toole in Houston: Texas, USA; actress (Cat People, Superman III).
- Abdel Basset Ali Al-Megrahi in Tripoli: Libya; bomber (Pan Am 103).
- Billy Currie: rock keyboardist/violinist (Ultravox - "We Came to Dance").
- Bernard Stiegler: French philosopher. He is head of the Institut de recherche et d'innovation (IRI), which he founded in 2006 at the Centre Georges-Pompidou. He is also the founder in 2005 of the political and cultural group, Ars Industrialis, and the founder in 2010 of the philosophy school, Ecole de Philosophie d’Épineuil-le-Fleuriel. His best known work is "Technics and Time, 1: The Fault of Epimetheus."
- Chris Flisher: American astrologer, artist, teacher, speaker and radio host. He is a long-standing member of the NCGR (National Council for Geocosmic Research, an American organisation of astrologers) and contributes a weekly astrology column for several news publications. He produces weekly astrology videos that are available via YouTube.
- Big Bang theory proposed in Physical Review by Alpher, Bethe and Gamow
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Be Anything (But Be Mine) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Blue Tango
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?