Friday 1 April 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Unforgiven, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1960 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Frieda Hughes: British-Australian poet whose work has appeared in The New Yorker, Paris Review, and London Magazine.
- Shanna McCullough: American porn actress and producer.
- Michael Praed: English actor.
- Jennifer Runyon: American actress.
- J Stevens: American lawyer and diplomat 10th United States Ambassador to Libya (d. 2012).
- Frank Sperdin: Swiss astrologer with a psychological approach, the founder of Integrative Astrology.
- Piet[er O] Bakker: Dutch journalist/writer (Ciske), dies at age 62.
- 2nd French atom bomb explodes (Sahara)
- Mabry Harper catches a 25 lb Walleye in Tennessee
- U Nu elected premier of Burma.
- RCA TIROS (TV and Infra-Red Observation 'weather' Satellite) I launched.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- The Little Dippers - Forever
- Annette - O Dio Mio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?