Monday 1 April 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teddy Diaz and Teodoro de Villa Diaz.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Frau Susanne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1963 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Teddy Diaz: Filipino rock guitarist (The Dawn) (d.1988).
- Teodoro de Villa Diaz: Filipino guitarist and songwriter (The Dawn) (d. 1988).
- Soap operas General Hospital andDoctors Premier on TV
- New York Mets purchase Duke Snider from the Los Angeles Dodgers for US$40,000.
- New York City's newspapers resume publishing after a 114-day strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- The Orlons - South Street
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?