Wednesday 1 April 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
Colossus: The Forbin Project, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1970 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Sung Hi Lee: Korean-born model.
- Mark Wheeler NFL defensive tackle (Tampa Bay Buccaneers: New England Patriots).
- Wes Barnett in Saint Joseph: Missouri, USA; 238lb (108kg) weightlifter (Olympics-6th-1992, 1996).
- Wyatt Jones in Honolulu: Hawaii, USA; kayak (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Sung-Hi Lee: South Korean-American model and actress.
- Bud Selig becomes CEO of Milwaukee Brewers
- John andYoko release hoax they are having dual sex change operations
- President Richard Nixon signs the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act into law, requiring the Surgeon General's warnings on tobacco products and banning cigarette advertisements on television and radio in the United States, starting on January 1, 1971.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- Frijid Pink - House Of The Rising Sun
- Bobby Sherman - Easy Come, Easy Go
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?