Thursday 1 April 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor.
In UK I Love To Love by Tina Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Sparkle, directed by Sam O'Steen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1976!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1976 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Jazzy B: World Music Singer.
- David Oyelowo: English-Nigerian actor.
- Troy Baker: Voice Actor.
- Aaron Goodwin: Reality Star.
- David Gilliland: American race car driver.
- Gábor Király: Hungarian footballer
- Asım Pars: Bosnian-Turkish basketball player
- Nicole Sanderson: Australian beach volleyball player
- Clarence Seedorf: Surinam / Dutch soccer player (Ajax, Real Madrid)
- Yuka Yoshida: Japanese tennis player
- Stephen Wozniak and Steven Jobs founded Apple Computer
- Steven Jobs and Stephen Wozniak incorporate the Apple Computer Company, on April Fool's Day.
- Conrail takes over operations from six bankrupt railroads in the Northeastern U.S..
- Apple Inc. is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
- The Jovian-Plutonian gravitational effect hoax is first reported by British astronomer Patrick Moore.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Bellamy Brothers - Let Your Love Flow
- Rufus - Sweet Thing
- Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From
- Aerosmith - Dream On
- The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
- Bay City Rollers - Money Honey
- David Bowie - Golden Years
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?