Thursday 1 April 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tight Fit was in the top 5 hits.
Cat People, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1982!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1982 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Ali Pierce: American teenager diagnosed with cancer in 1994 who died in November 1996 after a two-year battle.
- Sam Huntington: American actor (Jungle 2 Jungle).
- Taran Killam: American comedian and actor.
- Da Kurlzz: Drummer.
- Andreas Thorkildsen: Norwegian javelin thrower.
- US formally transfers Canal Zone to Panam�.
- Anguilla (dependent territory of United Kingdom) adopts constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Journey - Open Arms
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Olivia Newton-John - Make A Move On Me
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Buckner & Garcia - Pac-Man Fever
- Bertie Higgins - Key Largo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?