Sunday 1 April 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Footloose by Kenny Loggins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Romancing the Stone, directed by Robert Zemeckis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1984 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Marvin Gaye: American singer, songwriter, keyboard player and drummer, one of the lead stars of the Motown group during the '60's and '70s and an influential force in the music scene.
- 3rd NCAA Womens Basketball Championship: Southern California beats Tenn 72-61
- 8 men record longest distance (13 miles) rowed in 24 hours
- American singer Marvin Gaye shot to death by his father Marvin Gaye Sr in Los Angeles, California at age 44 (born 1939).
- 14th Easter Seal Telethon raises US$24,600,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Van Halen - Jump
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?