Tuesday 1 April 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Money Pit, directed by Richard Benjamin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1986!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1986 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Ireen Wust: Dutch speed skater.
- Shunichi Miyamoto: Japanese voice actor and singer.
- Viktor Sanikidze: Georgian basketball player.
- Ireen Wüst: Dutch speed skater.
- Kid Ink: Rapper.
- Erik Bruhn: Danish dancer, one of the great ballet dancers of the 20th century who set standards of dance excellence and dramatic intensity.
- US sub Nathaniel Green runs aground in Irish Sea
- World oil prices dip below US$10 a barrel.
- Delhi beats Haryana by innings and 141 to win Ranji Trophy.
- US submarine Nathaniel Green runs aground in the Irish Sea.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?