Wednesday 1 April 1998
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo.
In UK My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion was in the top 5 hits.
Wild Things, directed by John McNaughton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1998.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1998!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1998 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- World Ice Pairs Figure Skating Championship in Minneapolis, Minnesota; Russians Yelena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze win.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?