Wednesday 1 April 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
Star Trek, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harve was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 1 April 2009 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Croatia and Albania join NATO
- The 72-year-old American soap opera ''Guiding Light'' will broadcast its final episode on September 18. (Reuters)
- The United States and Russia begin Strategic Arms Limitation Talks. (''The Australian'')
- Local government in England undergoes structural changes. (BBC)
- A Computer virus called Conficker was spread through millions of computers, getting onto their computers and destroying files, and sharing information. This was supposed to be a April Fools' Day Joke.
- Ukraine will hold a presidential election on October 25. (AFP via Google News)
- Five thousand people protest in London as the G-20 begins its summit. (BBC)
- Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Avigdor Lieberman says that the Annapolis Conference ampquothas no validity.ampquot (BBC)
- New South Wales, Australia, declares its flooded Mid North Coast a disaster area. (ABC News Australia)
- The United States' World War II motor ship is located near Australia. (''The Age'')
- A bomb damages a statue of Vladimir Lenin near Finlyandsky Rail Terminal in Saint Petersburg, Russia. (''Moscow Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Flo Rida - Right Round
- Lady GaGa - Poker Face
- Soulja Boy Tell'em - Kiss Me Thru The Phone
- T.I. - Dead And Gone
- The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell
- Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx
- Kanye West - Heartless
- I Told You So - Carrie Underwood
- Lady GaGa - Just Dance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?