Saturday 1 August 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Pica, pica Compadrito, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1903 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
Famous Birthdays:01 August
- Calamity Jane: American frontierswoman (Born 1853).
- 1st coast-to-coast automobile trip (SF-NY) completed
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Marriage is Sublime - Bob Roberts
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 August 1903 and get them!