Tuesday 1 August 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Hill .
Blood and Sand, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1922 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Arthur Hill: Saskatchewan, Canada -- Actor (Owen Marshall, Glitter).
- Vaclav Juda Novotny: Composer, dies at 72.
- Hendrikus Colijn becomes political editor-in-chief of The Standard
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Over Nothing at All - Nora Bayes
- My Honey's Lovin' Arms - California Ramblers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?