Monday 1 August 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Dr. Mabuse: The Gambler, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1927 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Anthony Bosco: American bishop (d. 2013).
- Earliest date for a film to be considered for the Academy Awards
- The Nanchang Uprising marks the first significant battle in the Chinese Civil War between the Kuomintang and Communist Party of China. This day is commemorated as the anniversary of the founding of the People's Liberation Army.
- The Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army is formed during the Nanchang Uprising.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?