Tuesday 1 August 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1933 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Erwin Nypels: Dutch economist / Minister of Housing (D66).
- Iris Love: American archeologist, prizewinning dog breeder, socialite, and heiress to the Guggenheim Foundation.
- Dominick "Dom" DeLuise in Brooklyn: New York, USA; American comic actor (Blazing Saddles, Smokey and the Bandit II, The Cannonball Run).
- Dom DeLuise: American actor and comedian (Born 1933).
- Dusan Trestik: Czech historian (d. 2007).
- Jesse Corti: Venezuelan-born actor and comedian
- Masaichi Kaneda: Japanese baseball player and manager
- Teri Shields: American actress producer and agent (d. 2012)
- Dušan Třeštík: Czech historian and author (d. 2007)
- Carl Hubbell sets record of consecutive scoreless innings (45 1 / 3)
- Death penality for anti fascists in Germany
- Dutch colonial regime in Batavia arrest ir Sukarno
- NRA (National Recovery Administration) is established.
- The Blue Eagle emblem of the National Recovery Administration is displayed publicly for the first time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?