Thursday 1 August 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1940 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Linda Marshall: American entrepreneur who serves as the President of Elysee Scientific Cosmetics Inc.
- Donald Pardus: American accountant and CEO of Eastern Utilities Associates, a utilities company.
- Mervyn Kitchen: Former Somerset cricketer and cricket international umpire.
- Ram Loevy: Israeli director and screenwriter.
- Henry Silverman: American businessman founded the Cendant Corporation.
- WWII: British submarine is sunk.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?