Thursday 1 August 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to So Much In Love by The Tymes.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Siege of the Saxons, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1963 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Demian Bichir: Mexican actor.
- John Carroll Lynch: American actor.
- Demián Bichir: Mexican-American actor and producer.
- John Lynch: American actor.
- Coolio : American rapper.
- Lynette Sadleir: New Zealand Olympic synchronised swimmer
- Koichi Wakata: Omiya Saitama, Japan -- Astronaut (STS 72, sk: 92)
- Dean Wareham: New Zealand singer-songwriter and guitarist (Galaxie 500 Luna and Dean & Britta)
- Theodore Roethke: United States -- Poet (Words for the Wind).
- Beatles Book is sold out on its 1st day of sale
- Germany FR annexes Elten village
- WQAD TV channel 8 in Moline, IL (ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Rolf Harris - Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport
- Doris Troy - Just One Look
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?