Saturday 1 August 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Iguana, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1964 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Kaspar Capparoni: Italian actor.
- Adam Duritz: American singer-songwriter and producer (Counting Crows and The Himalayans).
- Fiona Hyslop: Scottish businesswoman and politician.
- Andrew Wilson: Sydney, NSW -- Canoeist (1992, 96 Olympics - 16th Place).
- Nick Christian: Sayer; rocker (Transvision Vamp-Velveteen).
- Rob Camilletti: American bartender and bagel-maker, labeled by the press as the "bagel boy" and as "Cher's toy-boy." When Cher saw him dancing at Manhattan's Heartbreak club on her 40th birthday, she is quoted as saying, "He is the most beautiful man I've ever seen." He was 22 at the time, beginning a three-year romance with Cher.
- Robert Heeren: German musician, a teacher of classical guitar, an occultist with Tarot and a pro astrologer since 1991. An advocate of experimental and research astrology in correlation to music and sound, in 1994 he established a workshop with D. Koch for research into the effects of the newly discovered comets or planetoids of the Kuyper belt with their orbits between Saturn and Pluto. Of the 10,000 to 30,000 celestial bodies, Chiron is a prominent member of this belt. Heeren and his fellows concentrated the
- Johnny Burnette: American singer (b.
- ALM (Antillian Airlines) begins operation
- The Belgian Congo is renamed the Republic of the Congo.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?