Wednesday 1 August 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
White Lightning, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1973 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Tempestt Bledsoe: TV Actress.
- Gregg Berhalter: Englewood, New Jersey -- Soccer defender (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Veerle Dejaeghere: Belgian athlete.
- Kris Holden-Ried: Canadian actor.
- Eduardo Noriega: Spanish actor.
- Edurne Pasaban: Spanish mountaineer
- Tempestt Bledsoe in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Vanessa - Cosby Show).
- Mario Bennett: NBA forward (LA Lakers, Phoenix Suns)
- H J Witteveen appointed as Director of IMF
- Munson and Fisk get into a brawl at Fenway Park
- Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM) inaugurated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?