Sunday 1 August 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Orelsan and Syahrini .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Pirate Movie, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rätselflug.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Demons to Diamonds or Shamus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1982 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Orelsan : French rapper, songwriter and record producer.
- Syahrini : World Music Singer.
- Basem Fathi: Jordanian footballer.
- Montserrat Lombard: English actress director and screenwriter.
- Ai Tominaga: Japanese model and actress.
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA Columbia Savings Golf Classic
- Greg Louganis, US becomes 1st diver to score 700 (752.67) in 11 dives
- H Aaron, F Robinson, T Jackson, and H Chandler inducted in Hall of Fame
- Heavy Israeli air bombardment on Beirut
- Petra Schneider swims world record 400m medley (4:36.10)
- Attempted coup against government of Daniel Arap Moi in Kenya.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Toto - Rosanna
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- The Motels - Only The Lonely
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?