Saturday 1 August 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sebastien Pocognoli and Donald Gunn.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shakedown by Bob Seger.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Masters of the Universe, directed by Gary Goddard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captain America in: The Doom Tube of Dr. Megalomann or Game Over.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1987 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Sebastien Pocognoli: Belgian footballer.
- Donald Gunn: American teen baseball player, a pitching prodigy.
- Stan : Greek singer-songwriter.
- Karen Carney: English footballer.
- Jakov Fak: Croatian-Slovenian biathlete.
- Rumi Hiiragi: Japanese actress
- Sébastien Pocognoli: Belgian footballer
- Lee Wallace: Scottish footballer
- Nurse Mary R Stout chosen chairperson of Vietnam Veterans of America
- Mike Tyson beats Tony Tucker to become undisputed boxing champ.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bob Seger - Shakedown
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Heart - Alone
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- The Jets - Cross My Broken Heart
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Robbie Nevil - Wot's It To Ya
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?