Tuesday 1 August 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tiffany (Stephanie Hwang) and Mike Darlington.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Batdance by Prince.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Lock Up, directed by John Flynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Interceptor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AmeriDarts or DuckTales.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1989 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Tiffany (Stephanie Hwang): American-born South Korean singer (Girls' Generation).
- Mike Darlington: Entrepreneur.
- MittyMoxx : YouTube Star.
- Tiffany : Pop Singer.
- Madison Bumgarner: American baseball player.
- Tomoka Kurokawa: Japanese actress
- John Ogdon: Manchester, England -- Pianist / composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?