Wednesday 1 August 1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Sacrifice / Healing Hands by Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Problem Child, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1990 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Landry Allbright: Actress (Bridget Forrester - Bold and the Beautiful).
- Jack O'Connell: English actor (Skins).
- Alexander Lévy: French young prodigy, professional golfer.
- Aledmys Díaz: Cuban baseball player.
- Jean Gregoire: Mauritian swimmer.
- Elton Jantjies: South African rugby player
- Soyuz TM-10 launches
- Stanton Cook becomes CEO of Chicago Cubs
- Iraq pulls out of talks with Kuwait.
- The National Assembly of Bulgaria elects Zhelyu Zhelev as the first non-Communist President of Bulgaria in 40 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love
- Billy Idol - Cradle Of Love
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- Snap! - The Power
- Glenn Medeiros - She Ain't Worth It
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Michael Bolton - When I'm Back On My Feet Again
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?