Sunday 1 August 1999
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Khamani Griffin and Anna Graceman.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
In UK If I Let You Go by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
The Sixth Sense, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Point of Origin by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mayfair Set.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Airforce Delta or Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1999!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1999 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Khamani Griffin: American actor.
- Anna Graceman: Folk Singer.
- Deimantė Kizalaitė: Lithuanian figure skater.
- Nirad C Chaudhuri: Indian-born writer (Born 1897).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- Whitney Houston - It's Not Right But It's Okay
- Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?