Wednesday 1 December 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Life of Moses, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1909 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Bob Kline: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Boston Red Sox (1930-1934), the Philadelphia Athletics (1934) and Washington Senators (1934).
- Jean Rumeau: France Painter.
- Jan Koplowitz: writer.
- 1st Christmas Club payment made, to Carlisle Trust Co, Pennsylvania
- 1st Israeli kibbutz founded, Deganya Alef
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Red Head - Ada Jones
- Lonesome - Byron G. Harlan
- Gems from The Prince of To-Night - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Sweetheart's a Pretty Name When It's Y-O-U - Peerless Quartet
- The Last Rose of Summer - Elizabeth Wheeler
- When I Dream in the Gloaming of You - Harry Tally
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?