Friday 1 December 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Arrah-Na-Pogue, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1911 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Yolanda Betegh: Romanian healer who discovered her healing talent while still a young woman.
- Walter Alston: American baseball player and manager (Born 1911).
- Calvin Griffith: Canadian-born baseball executive (d. 1999).
- Tarzan : American fictional character created by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chicken Reel - Arthur Collins
- Red Rose Rag - Dolly Connolly
- Spanish Love - Andrea Sarto
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?