Monday 1 December 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Sea Wolf, directed by Hobart Bosworth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1913 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Mary Martin: American actress and singer who first sang "My Heart Belongs To Daddy" in the 1938 Broadway musical "Leave It To Me," followed by many musical hits.
- 1st drive-up gasoline station opens (Pittsburgh)
- Continuous moving assembly line introduced by Ford (car every 2 38).
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Buenos Aires Subway starts operating, it's the first underground railway system in the southern hemisphere and in Latin America
- The Ford Motor Company introduces the first moving assembly line.
- Crete, having obtained self rule from Turkey after the First Balkan War, is annexed by Greece.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When It's Apple Blossom Time in Normandy - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- Where Did You Get That Girl? - Walter Van Brunt
- The Curse of an Aching Heart - Manuel Romain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 December 1913 and get them!