Wednesday 1 December 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Davis and Pierre Poujade.
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1920 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- George Davis: American highly decorated fighter pilot and flying ace of the United States Army Air Forces in World War II, and later of the US Air Force during the Korean War.
- Pierre Poujade: French populist politician after whom the Poujadist movement was named.
- Peter Ishigami: Japanese priest 1st Bishop of Naha (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?