Sunday 1 December 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Mouncer and Dick Shawn in Buffalo.
Glorifying the American Girl, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1929 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Alan Mouncer: Film director / producer.
- Dick Shawn in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (The Producers, Maid to Order, Angel).
- Emily McLaughlin in White Plains: New York, USA; actress (Jessie - General Hospital).
- Leon Biriotti: Composer.
- Jean Cournut: French psychiatrist, a full member and one-time president of the Paris Psychoanalytical Society.
- Billy Waugh: Retired American Special Forces Sergeant Major and Central Intelligence Agency Paramilitary Operations Officer who served more than 50 years between the U.S. Army's Green Berets and the CIA's Special Activities Division. Some of his more critical assignments took place in Khartoum, Sudan during the early 1990s, where he performed surveillance and intelligence gathering on terrorist leaders Carlos the Jackal and Osama bin Laden with Cofer Black. At the age of 71, Waugh participated in Operation E
- David Doyle: American actor (Born 1929)
- BINGO invented by Edwin S Lowe
- Game of BINGO invented by Edwin S Lowe.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?