Sunday 1 December 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Glorifying the American Girl, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1929 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Jean Cournut: French psychiatrist, a full member and one-time president of the Paris Psychoanalytical Society.
- Billy Waugh: Retired American Special Forces Sergeant Major and Central Intelligence Agency Paramilitary Operations Officer who served more than 50 years between the U.S.
- David Doyle: American actor (Born 1929).
- Alan Mouncer: Film director / producer.
- Dick Shawn in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (The Producers, Maid to Order, Angel).
- Emily McLaughlin in White Plains: New York, USA; actress (Jessie - General Hospital).
- Leon Biriotti: Composer
- BINGO invented by Edwin S Lowe
- Game of BINGO invented by Edwin S Lowe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 December 1929 and get them!