Friday 1 December 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fujiko F Fujio and Lou Rawls.
The House on 56th Street, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1933 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Fujiko F Fujio: Japanese cartoon artist (d. 1996).
- Lou Rawls: American musician whose deep voice, handsome appearance, and versatile vocal talents earned him a place in American music.
- Curro Romero: Spanish bullfighter, one of the most famous toreros of the 20th century.
- Violette Verdy: France Actor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?