Tuesday 1 December 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Rawls in Chicago and Igor Rodionov.
Great Guy, directed by John G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Cabaret Cartoons.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1936 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Lou Rawls in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer ("Dean Martin's Gold-diggers", "Natural Man").
- Igor Rodionov: Russian general and politician 3rd Russian Minister of Defence (d. 2014).
- 2nd Heisman Trophy Award: Larry Kelley, Yale (E)
- EW Brundin and FF Lyon obtain patent on soilless culture of plants.
- Bell Labs tests coaxial cable for TV use.
- Hitler makes it mandatory that Boys 10 to 18 join Hitler Youth
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?