Friday 1 December 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon in Hollywood, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1944 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Tahar Ben Jelloun: French writer of Moroccan origin.
- Michael W Hagee: 33rd Commandant of the United States Marine Corps.
- Pierre Arditi: French actor.
- Daniel Pennac: French writer of Corsican descent, formerly teacher, he won the "Renaudot" Prize in 2007 for his essay "Chagrin d'école".
- John Densmore in Los Angeles: California, USA; drummer (Doors - "Light My Fire").
- Eric Bloom: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blue Öyster Cult)
- John Densmore: American musician, the drummer and fourth member of the superstar rock group "The Doors." They put out their first album in 1966, and disbanded in 1973. He formed "The Butts Band" for two albums before turning his attention to modern dance and acting. He is the author of the biography "Riders on the Storm," Doubleday, 1991.
- Michael Hagee: American general
- Tahar Jelloun: Moroccan author and poet
- Mail routing resumes in free South Netherlands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 December 1944 and get them!