Saturday 1 December 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Bloom and Alexander Panayotov.
I'll See You in My Dreams, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Name's the Same.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1951 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Eric Bloom: Rock vocalist / guitarist (Blue Oyster Cult).
- Alexander Panayotov: Aleksandrov in Bulgaria; cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-5).
- Treat Williams in Rowayton: Connecticut, USA; actor (Flashpoint, Hair).
- Obba Babatunde: American actor.
- Obba Babatundé: American actor director and producer.
- Albert Ho: Hong Kong lawyer and politician
- Jaco Pastorius: American bass player songwriter and producer (Weather Report Trio of Doom and Blood Sweat & Tears) (d. 1987)
- Treat Williams: American actor and author
- Felix Petyrek: Composer, dies at 59.
- Golden Gate Bridge closes due to high winds
- 17th Heisman Trophy Award: Dick Kazmaier, Princeton (HB).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?