Thursday 1 December 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
El, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1955 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Veronica Forque: Spanish actress.
- Veikko Aaltonen: Finnish actor director and screenwriter.
- Verónica Forqué: Spanish actress.
- Pat Spillane: Irish footballer and sportscaster.
- Mark Thompson: American disc jockey and actor.
- Karen Tumulty: American journalist
- Uwe Benter: in the German Federal Republic; coxsman (Olympics-gold-1972).
- Rosa Parks (black) arrested for refusing to move to the back of bus
- American Civil Rights Movement: In Montgomery, Alabama, seamstress Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat to a white man and is arrested for violating the city's racial segregation laws, an incident which leads to the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?