Monday 1 December 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Z, directed by Costa-Gavras, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1969 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Richard Carrier: American author and blogger.
- Magic Sam: American blues guitarist and singer (Born 1937).
- US government holds its first draft lottery since WWII.
- Vietnam War: The first draft lottery in the United States is held since World War II.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Beatles - Come Together
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Three Dog Night - Eli's Coming
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?