Thursday 1 December 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Name Of The Game by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Goodbye Girl, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1977!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1977 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Brad Delson: American guitarist (Linkin Park).
- Jared Fogle: American Subway spokesperson.
- Lee McKenzie: Scottish television presenter.
- Akiva Schaffer: American actor rapper director producer and screenwriter (The Lonely Island).
- Nate Torrence: American actor.
- Paul Hardy: Belgian designer (Italian Country), dies at age 69.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Chicago - Baby, What A Big Surprise
- Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou
- Paul Nicholas - Heaven On The 7th Floor
- Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Linda Ronstadt - It's So Easy
- L.T.D. - (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?