Wednesday 1 December 1993
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf.
In UK I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf was in the top 5 hits.
Schindler's List, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Slow Waltz In Cedar Bend by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1993!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1993 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Reena Pärnat: Estonian archer.
- Stuart Twins: Dutch twins born by C-Section, the second one was born one minute after the first; the biography does not note which was first.
- Northwest Airlink plane crashes in Minnesota, killing 18.
- A train crash at Tattenham Corner railway station lead to the introduction of the current drugs and alcohol policy for railways in the UK.
- ''STS-61'': NASA launches the Space Shuttle ''Endeavour'' on a mission to repair an optical flaw in the Hubble Space Telescope.
- The September 6 merger between Renault and Volvo fails Volvo CEO Pehr G. Gyllenhammar resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #7 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?