Monday 1 December 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Get Your Face on with Napoleon Perdis.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Condemned 2: Bloodshot or Crash Commando.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 1 December 2008 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 December
- The price of a barrel of light crude oil falls US$5.15 to US$49.28.
- The largest U.S. chicken company, Pilgrim's Pride Corp, files for voluntary bankruptcy protection.
- In Canada, the Liberal Party, New Democratic Party, and Bloc Québécois sign an agreement to form a coalition Government with Stéphane Dion as leader, with the intention of toppling the Conservative Government that was elected less than two months before. (CTV News)
- A suicide bomb attack kills 10 people, including two policemen, in the southern province in Helmand in Afghanistan. (BBC)
- United States President-elect Barack Obama announces his national security team to his transition advisory board, among them being Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, who was nominated Secretary of State. (Reuters)
- 2008 Thai political crisis:
- The People's Alliance for Democracy leaves protesting at the Thai Government House and distributes protesters to Bangkok's two airports, Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang, for security reasons. (Nation Multimedia)
- Flights to Bangkok are canceled and moved to other parts of the country, such as Phuket, Chiang Mai and Chonburi. (Bangkok Post)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?