Friday 1 February 1901
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clark Gable and Frank Buckles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
You can also have a look at the whole 1901 or at February 01 across the years.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 1 February 1901 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
La revista de la Escuadra Argentina
Which were the important events of 1 February 1901 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
See other famous people born on 01 February
Clark Gable: American actor and top star called "the King," Hollywood's quintessential masculine star.
Frank Buckles: last surviving American veteran of World War I (d. 2011).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1901?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Faithfully to relate how Eliphalet Hopper came try St. Louis is to betray no secret. Mr. Hopper is wont to tell the story now, when his daughter-in-law is not by; and sometimes he tells it in her presence, for he ...
Maurice Thompson wrote this popular book that continues to be widely read today despite its age.
t the stair-foot the landlord stopped me. "Here, lad, take a candle. The stairs are dark, and, since I like your looks, I would not have you break your neck."
Gilbert Parker was a late 19th and early 20th century politician and novelist who wrote prodigiously. The British-Canadian's works are still popular in the 21st century.
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Tell the world why 1 February 1901 is such a special date for you!