Wednesday 1 February 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Wonderful Beehive, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1905.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1905!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1905 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- George Preuser: American astrologer, a member of AFA from July 1953.
- Ernst Carl: Gerlach Stueckelberg.
- Emilio Segre: Italy Scientist.
- Cesare Fantoni: Italian film actor who appeared in 73 films between 1939 and 1962.
- Joan Morgan: English actress (d. 2004).
- Emilio Segrè: Italian-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1989)
- Oswald Aschenbach German painter: dies at age 77.
- Hague soccer team ADO forms.
- Hungarian premier Tisza resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1905 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Sweet Thoughts of Home - Harry Macdonough
- Love's Old Sweet Song - Corrine Morgan
- My Cozy Corner Girl - Harry Macdonough
- The Transformation Scene from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Len Spencer
- Runaway Motor Car - Billy Murray
- Good-bye - Nellie Melba
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?