Thursday 1 February 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1906!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1906 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- James Denis: French military aviator, a colonel in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Adetokunbo Ademola: Nigerian jurist 2nd Chief Justice of Nigeria (d. 1993).
- Pierre Cardevielle: French composer / conductor (Amants Captifs).
- Hildegarde : American international singer and pianist known as "the incomparable Hildegarde.
- 1st federal penitentiary building completed, Leavenworth, Kansas
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Musical Yankee - Len Spencer
- Will You Love Me in December as You do in May? - Albert Campbell
- Just a Little Rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- The Golden Wedding - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- I'm the Only Star That Twinkles on Broadway - Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?