Tuesday 1 February 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, directed by Grard Bourgeois, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1910 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Pierre Horay: French publisher, founder in 1946 of the eponymous 'Horay' publishing house.
- Ngapoi Jigme: Chinese general and politician (d. 2009).
- H Stanley: Cayzer.
- Michael Kanin: Rochester, New York -- Director / writer / actor (Woman of the Year).
- Ngapoi Ngawang Jigme: Tibetan politician (d. 2009).
- Otto Julius Bierbaum German writer (Irrgarten Der Liebe): dies at age 44.
- 1st British labour exchange opens
- Dragoumis government forms in Greece.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now - Manuel Romain
- Madama Butterfly: Finale Ultimo (Butterfly's Death Scene) - Geraldine Farrar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 February 1910 and get them!