Thursday 1 February 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rika Backer and Jean-Dominique Fratoni.
The Blue Lagoon, directed by W. Bowden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1923 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Rika Backer: Belgian politician; elected to the Senate in 1971.
- Jean-Dominique Fratoni: French businessman, known in the 1970s and 1980s on the French Riviera because of his involvement in the management of several casinos and for his alleged links with the Mafia.
- Jean Houdart: Melun Journalist.
- Ben Weider: Canadian businessman co-founded the International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness (d. 2008).
- Fascists Voluntary Militia forms in Italy under Benito Mussolini.
- Allied ultimatum on Lithuanian occupation of Memel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Mary, Dear - Henry Burr
- Carolina in the Morning - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?