Thursday 1 February 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Blue Lagoon, directed by W. Bowden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1923 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Rika Backer: Belgian politician; elected to the Senate in 1971.
- Jean-Dominique Fratoni: French businessman, known in the 1970s and 1980s on the French Riviera because of his involvement in the management of several casinos and for his alleged links with the Mafia.
- Jean Houdart: Melun Journalist.
- Ben Weider: Canadian businessman co-founded the International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness (d. 2008).
- Fascists Voluntary Militia forms in Italy under Benito Mussolini.
- Allied ultimatum on Lithuanian occupation of Memel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Mary, Dear - Henry Burr
- Carolina in the Morning - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?