Friday 1 February 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Weider and Richard Hooker.
Woman to Woman, directed by Graham Cutts, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1924 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Ben Weider: Canadian businessman and author (d. 2008).
- Richard Hooker: American novelist (d. 1997).
- Emmanuel Scheffer: German-Israeli footballer coach and manager (d. 2012).
- Soccer team VSV Tonido forms in Voorburg
- Soviet Union formally recognized by Britain
- New British Ramsay MacDonald government recognizes USSR.
- The United Kingdom recognizes the USSR.
- The United Kingdom recognizes the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?