Saturday 1 February 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Men Without Women, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1930 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Hossain Mohammad Ershad: Bangladeshi politician.
- Shahabuddin Ahmed: Bangladeshi judge and politician 12th President of Bangladesh.
- Mario Beaulieu: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1998).
- Hussain Ershad: Indian-Bangladeshi general and politician 10th President of Bangladesh.
- Peter Tapsell: English soldier and politician.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?