Wednesday 1 February 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
She Done Him Wrong, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1933 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Edward Price: American poet, novelist, dramatist, essayist and James B. Duke Professor of English at Duke University.
- Reynolds Price: US writer (Strengthened by a Pale Green Light).
- Wendell Anderson: American politician; Minnesota Governor from 1971-76, then US Senator 1976-79.
- Edwards Price: Macon Writer.
- Rose Nitribitt: German prostitute who had a reputation as being the highest paid and one of the most beautiful hookers in Frankfurt.
- Colonial government arrests Anton de Kom in Paramaribo Suriname
- German Parliament disolves, General Ludendorf predicts catastrophe
- Dutch bishops forbid membership in non-catholic unions.
- Adolf Hitler gives his quotProclamation to the German Peoplequot in Berlin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 February 1933 and get them!